Free School Meals

I think I’m eligible for free school meals – what should I do?

You can check your eligibility for free school meals, and make an application by visiting the following address:

You will be told immediately if your application has been successful, and shortly afterwards you will appear on a list provided to the school by Hampshire County Council  - once we receive this notification, we will liaise with the canteen to make sure everything is set up for you.

If you’re struggling with completing the application, you can contact HC3S who can help you – please call 023 8062 9388.


My child is joining from another school – what should I do?

When a pupil transfers to us from another school, the transferring school confirms their free school meal status, and no action is required on your behalf.

Toynbee checks eligibility for free school meals against information provided by Hampshire County Council to confirm eligibility. If the transferring school has marked a pupil as eligible when they are not on this list, we will contact Hampshire County Council in the first instance, and if they cannot find evidence of a qualifying application, we will contact you and advise you to complete an application.